Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling experience in xchange for a helping hand in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redrex

Hi all,

Well, after doing all my research on the various courses available and reading many, many posts on here...I am even more up in the air about the course that would suit me best....I have a feeling that something like the BAL course would give me a pretty good grounding in one of the more important aspects of tiling but like most people I don't want to shell out the hard stuff until I am sure that this is for me-think twice and spend once! So this is my idea, would any of you experienced tilers be prepared to let me 'work' for them on occassion? I have Mondays off, am based in Richmond (West London) own transport. I am in a customer facing role at the mo so won't be rude to your customers. In return for an introduction to the business, how you set out, quote, cost, cutting etc I can offer a pair of hands to help out with some of the manual labour. I am thinking that getting my hands dirty in a working environment is as valuable as time at a training centre.

I am not after payment and not looking to step on any ones toes re jobs as I will be back to Oz in about 18 months and thats were I will be looking at doing this as a career if it is right for me. And i make a mean Cuppa!

Thanks guys and keep up the great forum

Redrex

C

Concept PHT

Look at doing your course at an approved training centre to get your NVQ. If you need a hand in selection, then please ask :)

Reply to Tiling experience in xchange for a helping hand in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen