Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling Above Bath In A Recess in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

magga

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,

I usually tile down to to the top of baths after fitting them, but in this situation the bath is an exact fit in the space it's in, and has a plastic side panel.

If I tile down to it, then the tiles down the sides of the bath will stop the bath panel from being removed afterwards.

What does everyone else do in this situation?

Cheers

magga

TF
Reaction score
Tiling a panel would usually be what I'd do but it's an L shaped bath, and time just doesn't allow.

Trimming the panel is an option I suppose, but it'd lose its shape. I built the stud wall that sits against the bath, and am just wondering whether I should shift it over a bit and tile down both "ends" of the bath, rather than down to the top of them.

Cheers

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Tiling a panel would usually be what I'd do but it's an L shaped bath, and time just doesn't allow.

Trimming the panel is an option I suppose, but it'd lose its shape. I built the stud wall that sits against the bath, and am just wondering whether I should shift it over a bit and tile down both "ends" of the bath, rather than down to the top of them.

Cheers
Not ideal but an option I guess, means your relying solely on a single bead of silicone to seal it. Personally I've not had a problem trimming the panels. I take it it's a shower bath, so you really want it well sealed.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. I've boarded the area with Kerdi and was planning on taping down to top of the bath with the Kerdi tape/adhesive, obviously I can't do this if I tile down the ends.

Reply to Tiling Above Bath In A Recess in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks