Discuss Tile rate! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kendo1

Forget about meter rate...
I was replacing three half tiles as a facing on a shower base today. Tiles were off but I had to build the substrate up again, used two 300 x 300 tiles for 130mm cuts, sealed, fixed, grouted and siliconed for £75.
I'm hoping this is a record!:hurray:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i have cut tiles for diy customers in the past who were tiling there own bathrooms but had no cutters lol

tenner a cut...oh you need 6 cut thats 60 pounds please

H

hillhead

I'm laying 600x150 timber effect porcelain this week, small buggers but i have 69m2 down in 3 days.I have near 200m2 in total to put down :(

K

kendo1

I'm laying 600x150 timber effect porcelain this week, small buggers but i have 69m2 down in 3 days.I have near 200m2 in total to put down :(
I used those in a bathroom showroom last year, probably about 50m2. Hated doing the black grout.

K

kendo1

I think it was closer to 50 :(

I don't do any work for the tight fisted so and sos now.

T

Time's Ran Out

When I had a tile showroom and people would bring back tiles they'd bought from me to cut - I'd put the money in the charity box!
Call me daft but I got more repeat sales then ripping people off.

M

Mike Mike

When I was in the U.K. a customer in a restored Victorian house contacted me to see if I could replace ONE tile for him. He'd had a leak in the shower valve and they had to remove 1 600 x 600 porcelain tile, which had 4 holes to accomodate the valves and two outlet pipes. Plus it was a bit behind the shower screen on one edge.

He said he'd already had a tiler round and he broke a tile trying to cut the holes with an angle grinder, and as the customer only had one tile left, the tiler lost his bottle and said he couldn't do it.

Customer asked me if I could do it, and if I could get the silicone on the shower screen to the same professional standard as what was there (it had been professionally siliconed). It was a fantastic looking bathroom, huge, with a vaulted ceiling. But absolute CRAP quality job. NO TANKING in the shower at all, and tiled onto plasterboard. The so-called British Standards.... :prrr:

I told him £100 and I would call in a professional to silicone and he would want £45 (it was a 2 metre strip of silicone along one side of the shower screen).

Customer didn't bat an eyelid when I told him the price, and was absolutely delighted with the finished job.

Now, that was the easiest £100 I've made tiling, but let's be honest, my siliconing mate made £45 for 5 minutes work. We're ALL in the wrong game... :mad2:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
After I had finished a new house, the clients father asked if I could replace 1 tile on a fireplace. Tile was loose, whip it off and knock off the 5 blobs, refix(not with d&d lol) No grout as they were butted up. Literally 10 mins and he handed me €100.
You're :welcome:

T

trevortine

My best ever was a resurant in edinburghs high st. Ladies toilet, walls and floor, started at 7am and finished at 2am following morning, was paid £1200 for that one, think the plumber got a grand for his efforts!

M

Mike Mike

My best ever was a resurant in edinburghs high st. Ladies toilet, walls and floor, started at 7am and finished at 2am following morning, was paid £1200 for that one, think the plumber got a grand for his efforts!

That is £63.15 per hour. Still not as good as £45 for 5 minutes siliconing one side of a shower screen... :lol:

Reply to Tile rate! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley