Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Levelling Spacers (Again) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Here you go

P1000930.jpg

G

GoneGuy

I have got the hang of it now I have got used to their size. Do they really need to be so big. I also found out that for me its better to tap the clip on one side and then the other to snap it off.
Everyone has different methods, your way is good if you have just used the clips and no spacers so the clips are tight to the tile

G

GoneGuy

I am using 1.5mm clips and 3mm spacers that I use like a peg - so I don't push them in as a flat cross. I am far too messy to use the clip as the spacer.
That's sometimes the best as the clips will snap out better.
Before putting the clips in run a margin trowel along the tile to remove a little adhesive so that when the clip goes in and then the tile, little to no adhesive pushes through the grout line.
Also keeping the clips clean helps with them breaking clean.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
First few tiles may move apart a little when tightening - just use a little chock of wood and a rubber mallet to tap them back to where they should be. Once you've got a few down and they're all locked together they won't pull apart anymore but a keep an eye on them.

Reply to Tile Levelling Spacers (Again) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen