Search the forum,

Discuss Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Try this, when you've scored them at both ends of the tile, score a 45degree off the cut line also then break or snip that piece off, then when you go to snap off at your intended breaking line the tile will break where you want it to because the main body of the tile is on the stronger side of the score line. It works for me every time.
You've lost me mate.....get @antonio to do one of his sketches...lol

L

LM

IMG_6607.JPG

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Had the same before, bought bearing wheels and new diff sized wheels for 800mm tile used in a Rubi tx1200 but didnt help, best approach was score 5-6 times till wheel sounds "dull ".
If no results, try grinding top and bottom 50mm them snapping.
With some tiles, theres no guaranteed solution.

Q

Qwerty

As John & Marc said, try scoring top face as normal and then flip over and score same line once on the back. Flip tile back over again and break it as you normally would. Some porcs are so brittle when overfired they wander really badly when broken. I have found this has worked in the past.

Reply to Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen