Search the forum,

Discuss Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with fired earth porcs a few years back , full tiled bathroom . tried everything .. had to use my bridge cutter !! :mad:

R

RayL12

Hi all, :)

As some of you know, I'm in my 7th week, of 16, on a Wall & Floor tiling course; lvl 2 Diploma.

Though this might not answer the question, I soon learned that the gap in between the 'planks' of the aluminium 'Step-Up', was perfect to slip a 150mm^2 tile in to create perfect slim 8mm, and less, wide pieces.

So, there's a tool that someone can invent; a Ste-up/Trestle with an adjustable plank. Or, does it exist already? :)

...Ray.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Recently I was in on a Rubi "Breakfast Morning" where the rep had the same problem cutting a particular Matt finished rivened tile..That tile had an extra middle sandwich material...
I have often just scored that type of tile and "whacked it on the straight of a corner of something.. Giving it an even pressured break.... Invariably works for me...

L

LM

Hi all, :)

As some of you know, I'm in my 7th week, of 16, on a Wall & Floor tiling course; lvl 2 Diploma.

Though this might not answer the question, I soon learned that the gap in between the 'planks' of the aluminium 'Step-Up', was perfect to slip a 150mm^2 tile in to create perfect slim 8mm, and less, wide pieces.

So, there's a tool that someone can invent; a Ste-up/Trestle with an adjustable plank. Or, does it exist already? :)

...Ray.
You've lost me Ray?

Reply to Tile cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen