Search the forum,

Discuss Thick Polished Limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Have a kitchen floor coming up using 15mm thick Polished Limestone.
Can anyone recommend the most suitable way to cut them.
Have a Sigma and a variety of grinder blades but would like to turn up with the correct tools and more importantly....knowledge.

Thanks!

C

Concrete guy

You'll need a grinder blade with the cutting material on the surface rather than a sintered matrix (such as a regular ceramic or porcelain blade).

So Electroplated diamond vanity blade or vacuum brazed diamond continuous rim blade. This type of blade cuts sedimentary stone with a very smooth action (it kind of files the material away rather than cutting it) and a clean finish with little to zero breakout at all.

For wet cutting on a bridge/table saw a decent continuous rim blade would be just fine.

Reply to Thick Polished Limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen