Search the forum,

Discuss The worst install I've ever come across in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I started a job on Monday doing a bathroom in a very prestigious home, the client asked me to have a look at a few loose tiles in another bathroom. I popped a tile off the wall with ease and this is what greeted me
8ajeqena.jpg
yjagehe8.jpg

This was only completed 2 years ago so I suggested that he contact the firm that did the installation, surprisingly, they've gone bust.

P

Peter

Just goes to show that work can look nice and tidy on the outside and the tiler will get recommended for leaving a good finish. Fixed a lot of jobs which look great but prep/proper fixing is non existent.

W

White Room

Bit more work to do then Bri.....can't believe the board that was used also well tanked then:yikes:

I

Ian

It's a shocker, you can just see some Impey lapping up from the floor, so they did one part of the job properly! Some more work for the new year!

S

Sean SML Tiling

It looks like a lovely job too just a shame he couldn't be bothered to prep and use a trowel

I

Ian

It looks like a lovely job too just a shame he couldn't be bothered to prep and use a trowel

On the face of it, the job looks very tidy. It's a massive room and its like this all over, I reckon it's 60/70 m2 in total. If the floor is the same as the bathroom I'm currently in, it'll be tiled directly to chipboard. Rip out shouldn't take long.

Reply to The worst install I've ever come across in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen