Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Matt

I'm "trying" to quit. Not being overly successful though. I went and brought one of the 10Motives e-cigarettes yesterday. Fantastic little thing. I managed to smoke just 1 cigarette in 7 hours as opposed to 10 or so?

If you haven't looked at the 10motives, take a look. They really are pretty good. I think it's the "habit" of smoking for me (as well as the nicotine).

S

Scott

Do you all remember your first puff? I do, i sneaked one of my mums Raffles (remember them?) the were so long and I was so young my arm was barley long enough to light it! It was vile, i hated it couldnt see why people wanted to do it. It wasnt just the first one that was horrible they all were, my point being why did we all get hooked on something so unpleasant in the first place? Non of you/us chose to be an addicted smoker, we all thought it would be easy to stop, so my question is why is it so hard to give up something that was so difficult to get addicted to in the first place?

There is really only one way to stop and that is simply not to put one in your mouth and light it. Cutting down doesnt work and it never will, you will STILL be a smoker. People who only smoke weekends ordown the pub are STILL smokers.

So come on,l keep it up and join the new band of Elite, get your self a new badge the 'Non smokers' badge. I have one its great!

D

diamondtiling

Most people start smoking when they are young and its seen to be cool and trendy, the manufacturers know that just one cigarette could possibly get you hooked. My daughter always said that she would never smoke, she started at 15 and 6 years later she still smokes, what can you do? hopefully one day soon she will stop.
As for me I wont have another one ever, I was out last night and had plenty of beers, the usual people were there offering me ciggies, I swear they are jealous or envious because they cant seem to stop. Anyway nothing would make me have one and the smell when they came back in was disgusting.

S

SandyFloor

As I've said before I'm not a heavy smoker until I touch a drink. If I'm in a pub and I need to pop out into the cold and rain every half hour I feel a complete slave to the crave. My wife smokes a lot more than me and I'm concerned about her health. She has shown an interest in quitting and I'm more than happy to do it with her. So the plan is for mid January and that gives her time to make any preparations. We're going to get into a get fit campaign too just to reinforce the heathy feeling from quitting and also to counteract the weight gain thing though I think that is due to replacing smoking with nibbling...is that correct?

I'm reasonably confident but she really isn't. So there will be plenty discussion over the festive season.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've cut down loads but am going to get on a run of 'Champix' (spelling?) which is the tablet you take twice a day which apparently makes you hate ciggies. Seems to have worked for a guy I know and a couple of his mates and his sister too.

I'm probably on about 10 a day now but hardly smoke during the day. My chest is clearing up now (was coughing a fair bit last week and over the weekend). So all in all I'm not doing bad but still have to quit fully yet which was the aim so I've not done brilliantly.

D

DHTiling

10 a day.. ahh so you have increased a bit since week one.. deffo time to try something else bar will power..:)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah gradually increased to about 10 a day so I do need to sort out these pills me thinks.

Reaction score
Well i am still off the ciggys, so feeling pretty chuffed with myself, i am still getting a bit of a craving though, but i seem to be able to get by it. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done Phil you're doing better than me. Though I am still on just the 10 a day which is pretty good for me, and I'm noticing the extra bits of cash.

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks