Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott

The easy way by Allen Carr (not the comedian)

He quotes all sorts of facts and figures in the book regarding the success of NRT and other methods, obviuosly he is always going to champion his idea bit IMO because he is right. Of the 30 or so people i have either bought the book for or lent it to one has failed and i knew she would....she was my ex

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

it was the paul mckenna book

but quoting facts at an addict doesnt work, but nrt does if its used right and that has been the problem with it, I was outside a cafe in the town a while ago and two women were talking and smoking

one said I thought you were on patches to give up and the other replied I am , I have one on now and they dont work

I felt like saying to her it will never work while you smoke but couldnt be bothered

I wasnt allowed nrt or champix due to my heart condition so I had to do it the hard way , but I got there

D

Deleted member 9966

The easy way by Allen Carr (not the comedian)

He quotes all sorts of facts and figures in the book regarding the success of NRT and other methods, obviuosly he is always going to champion his idea bit IMO because he is right. Of the 30 or so people i have either bought the book for or lent it to one has failed and i knew she would....she was my ex

a girl I used to work with used this book to quit. the book simply detailed all the reasons why you smoked, why you had taken up smoking in the first place, and made you analyse why you were still doing it. the book basically counselled you into coming to a conclusion about why you smoked and what you wanted to do about it.

for some it's about addiction, some it's routine, some it's boredom. as soon as the girl I worked with figured out what it was that was keeping her smoking, she was able to change it and move on.

M

mikethetile

thats what the counciling sessions did LIz and I was 100% reliant on them

there is not one single reason why anyone should smoke and theres absolutly no benefit at all from smoking, but if you have smoked for a long time your body craves the chemicals its used to ,you need to break the chemical addiction as well as understanding why you smoked otherwise you will only go back to it at the first sign of stress

M

mikethetile

that one says 599 additives , we were told over a hundred butnot all the additives are hrmfull so they may have meant just the harmfull ones

I take it that is what you supply Liz LOL

anyway telling people that are in the process of giving up that nrt doesnt work is both inacurate and unhelpfull to those using it to give up, it does work and anyone that has given up on nrt and re sarting again after a period of time cant blame the nrt and need to deal with the reasons they re started

D

Deleted member 9966

yep that is what we make and supply. smells lovely whilst it's brewing NOT :lol:

R

Ron117

ok Dan,Ive been thinking about it for a while now as ive been smoking 25 plus years. When you think of starting?
Our catchphrase can be....I'm no Quitter I took the decision to be a non smoker.

D

doug boardley

okay, half a packet left, just ripped them up and put them in the bin, looking forward to putting a few pounds on now! (and saving a few too!):thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

Week nine for me. I won't argue about the weight bit as I've put increased my waist by a couple of inches. On the other hand I feel a lot more energetic and am planning to get myself up a mountain over the weekend which is something I used to do a lot of. Hoping the weight will level out over time.

I was out for a celebration the other night and one of my wife's friends was there and kept popping out for a ***. I now realise how disgusting it smells to non smokers every time she came back in ....honestly it is nasty. One of the members here ( Scottley I think) said about keeping a dirty ashtray and smelling it and it completely killed the urge and I can understand that now.

Anyway Doug you've got all the motivation you need as you need to be as healthy as poss for your young family. I think you'll find it's not as hard as you think.

D

doug boardley

I have packed up before Sandy, stopped for a year with no probs, but started again the night my mam died as my sisters kept popping out for one and I weakened.

S

Scott

Good luck with it Doug, having seen the after effects with my dad now i can only cross my fingers for all of you.

I have been cleaning out his house and it looks like he just sat and smoked himself to death in the last 2 years since his partner and my sister died. I sprayed the walls in the kitchen with cleaner and it was like vinegar running down the walls. I felt the nicotine 'high' every time left the house and reeked of the smell of it.

I have some of his stuff in my hall way and garage, i can smell it as soon is i walk near it or go i the room. I just spent £55 having the car valeted to get rid of the smell of it too.

Its funny how as much as i hate the smell of it, I found it quite comforting in a way as i think it just reminds me of him. Bizzarely that is the main reason i stopped smoking when my step son said to his mum she smelt of 'me' one day after she had been to mine for the weekend. The last thing i wanted was to be thought of as stinking of cigarettes

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks