Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss The New Warmup Ultralight Board - anygood? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has anyone used the new 6mm Ultralight Board from warmup. Any opinion, experience with it? Is it worth it. Looking to install it on a Concrete Kitchen floor under El. UFH and porcelain tiles?

OP
R
Reaction score
Here is what it looks like

Attachments

• warmup_ultralight.png
    warmup_ultralight.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 14

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new 6mm Ultralight Board from warmup. Any opinion, experience with it? Is it worth it. Looking to install it on a Concrete Kitchen floor under El. UFH and porcelain tiles?
I haven't used this yet !! But just read the product description , bit worrying that they describe it as a decoupling membrane , and follow this by saying if screed cracks ,the tiles won't,a decoupling membrane does not stop floors cracking if there is movement upwards or downwards , it just prevents shrinkage and swelling laterally , also they describe it as a great way of cutting costs of running electric underfloor heating!! It would take a few years to gain back just the extra cost of buying these sheets as opposed to the current systems

OP
R
Reaction score
Lay UFH Cables, then SLC and then tile. Why would I need decoupling membrane?
Ultralite Board should do the decoupling from the substrate - concrete.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Lay UFH Cables, then SLC and then tile. Why would I need decoupling membrane?
Ultralite Board should do the decoupling from the substrate - concrete.
So what stops the movement from the underfloor heating into the tiles above the cables ??? As they heat up and cool down ?? Think about it ??

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
So what stops the movement from the underfloor heating into the tiles above the cables ??? As they heat up and cool down ?? Think about it ??
You have sorted the first movement problem

Flexible SLC and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
Suppose we will find out in 10 years

Reply to The New Warmup Ultralight Board - anygood? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock