Discuss The New Warmup Ultralight Board - anygood? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

R

rila777

-
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new 6mm Ultralight Board from warmup. Any opinion, experience with it? Is it worth it. Looking to install it on a Concrete Kitchen floor under El. UFH and porcelain tiles?

R

rila777

-
Reaction score
Here is what it looks like

Attachments

• warmup_ultralight.png
    warmup_ultralight.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 5
Kevbos

Kevbos

-
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new 6mm Ultralight Board from warmup. Any opinion, experience with it? Is it worth it. Looking to install it on a Concrete Kitchen floor under El. UFH and porcelain tiles?
I haven't used this yet !! But just read the product description , bit worrying that they describe it as a decoupling membrane , and follow this by saying if screed cracks ,the tiles won't,a decoupling membrane does not stop floors cracking if there is movement upwards or downwards , it just prevents shrinkage and swelling laterally , also they describe it as a great way of cutting costs of running electric underfloor heating!! It would take a few years to gain back just the extra cost of buying these sheets as opposed to the current systems

R

rila777

-
Reaction score
Here is on the Kitchen Floor. Decided to prime it with Bal All-in-One.

Ultralight.jpg

R

rila777

-
Reaction score
Lay UFH Cables, then SLC and then Tiling. Why would I need decoupling membrane?
Ultralite Board should do the decoupling from the substrate - concrete.

R

rila777

-
Reaction score
I am just running the ProWire Lose wire warmup
system directly on the boards

Reply to The New Warmup Ultralight Board - anygood? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)