Discuss the last tile before you get to the ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spenny

when doing a bathroom.....or any room infact do you usually silicone the gap between the last tile and the celing, or do you grout. I tend to silicone, but just wondering what you guys think?

T

TilingLogistics

Technically you should silicone because of two different materials meeting but on ceilings I used to cheat! I used flexible decorators filler! There were three reasons! One it was sort of a cross between a silicone and a grout so it was an expansion joint. Secondly it meant if the client ever painted the ceiling in the future it was easier for them. Thirdly and most importantly it took seconds to apply wiped off easily and left a nice result.

:hurray:NOW THAT TIP MUST BE WORTH KNOWING EH!!!:hurray:

Kev

C

cornish_crofter

I silicone, but only after the client has decorated.

I've just tiled 2 showers and the client is to paint the ceiling white.

I advised him to allow me to wait until he's painted before I silicone against his painted surfaces.

M

medlar

decorators caulking,if the old guy i served my time with read my reply i would get a clip around the lug off him.

L

LM Ceramics

personally i grout the with using flexi grout but i silicone all internal corners

P

P'boro tiler

surely flexi grout like mapei ultracolour plus is as flexi as caulk???????

Reply to the last tile before you get to the ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley