Search the forum,

Discuss the cheek of some people!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

village tiling

Got a phone call today of some bloke claimin to be a builder said he had a house that needed some tiling doin on it. i said wots the adress ill come round measure up an give u a price..he said no idont want it doin on a price, i want it doin on daywork, how much dya charge a day? i said about £150 depends around the job like...he said im not payin that for a tiler ive got joiners workin for me for £80 a day i was lookin more like £60 a day, you know theres no work on thats good for a tiler:yikes:...i said listen m8 ive got loads of work on and you wont get a decent tiler for less than £150 a day. ill come an give u price an if you dont like it get someone else!!!

the cheeky @###=!!!!

F

faithhealer

When a builder asks your day rate you usually don't hear from then again, not interested in quality, just want them stuck on the wall until the cheque clears!

Reaction score
I went to price up for some bloke who was a developer, bathroom was 2 rooms knocked into one, lots of patching, floor required boarding, walls alone where 27m2 with 3mtr ceilings, gave him my price and he said i'm not going to pay anywhere near that...i just turned and walked away saying good luck.

village....where in liverpool are you ?

V

village tiling

I went to price up for some bloke who was a developer, bathroom was 2 rooms knocked into one, lots of patching, floor required boarding, walls alone where 27m2 with 3mtr ceilings, gave him my price and he said i'm not going to pay anywhere near that...i just turned and walked away saying good luck.

village....where in liverpool are you ?

m8 some people expect you too work for free it does my head in!!
im based in huyton in liverpool!

V

village tiling

was being nosey, i'm across the water in Birkenhead.. the house is now up sale and only part tiled...

sound m8 giz a bell if ya ever need a hand with any jobs....
u know another thing this bloke come out with that really made me mad he said ive got loads of joiner/tilers workin for me how can ya be a joiner/tiler your either a joiner or a tiler. there probably just jobbers if there workin for £80 a day.

Reaction score
sound m8 giz a bell if ya ever need a hand with any jobs....
u know another thing this bloke come out with that really made me mad he said ive got loads of joiner/tilers workin for me how can ya be a joiner/tiler your either a joiner or a tiler. there probably just jobbers if there workin for £80 a day.

some people just take the ****, not many tilers I know will work for less than a ton a day, and some of them are sh*%e..

L

LM Ceramics

60 pound a day good on you village for telling him were to stick it ive had a few calls of builders previously asking for my day rate and have never heard of them again last time though i got that peed off i told one builder my day rate was £200 he soon put the phone down

Reply to the cheek of some people!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen