Search the forum,

Discuss Teachers Strike Day in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

nakhodka2002

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I am staying home with my two girls. Plus my wife is the teacher . She didnt go on strike, but still have to go to school

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dont get me started on this one Dan.......

It seems ok for a teacher to strike and give no notice whatsoever (ok a couple of weeks) but when both parents actually go to work for a living its a bit of a nuisance.

Try taking them out of school in term time now (applies i know to Derbyshire, not sure rest of country) you get fined per day per % of parents pay........but if your a ponder (you dont work.......who i think this applies to more anyway) you dont have to pay!

Marvellous eh?

i did say dont get me started........but looks like ive started!

F

Fliselege

PARENTS: don't forget if your child's school is closed because of strikes next tuesday then make sure you write to them to let them know that as far as you are concerned you never gave permission for your child to have time off school. Therefore you will be logging it as "unauthorised absence" and that they should take your letter as notice that if it happens again you will be fining the school £60

Dare you ;-)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I thought they'd only just gone back for the new term! Lightweights!!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure what they're striking about this time. Is it pay or pensions?

The amount of hassle these bloody unions cause. They should be abolished and in-house committees setup to constantly push forward their views etc. Committees that are free to join and don't cost the country anything through strikes. It's mental the way we do it. Why pay somebody else to argue your point?

O

On one

I've no problems with the teachers or any other profession going on strike if they feel aggrieved. But I used to get really peed off(my kids have long since left school) when they used to shut the school for
Teacher training days,
Boiler broken down,
2'' of snow on the ground,
The last week before the summer holidays being treated as a right ol joly,
And then being looked down at for taking our kids out of school for 1 week during term time.(Even though we made our kids do homework on holiday)

Reply to Teachers Strike Day in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen