Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking and tiling timber batten to bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ideally you need to lose the batten at the shower end
if the wall can't be built out, then I'd move the bath along & just have the bit of boxing at the other end of the bath. You'll lose your symmetry, but its better than having a dodgy bit that's going to get constantly wet & potential leeks

As for 2 tiles high at the end of the bath, depends how big your tiles are - but i'd be inclined to go in-line with the window if possible

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
like jay said,you could cement board the batton if you don't want to move the bath,i suppose you could plasterboard(cement board would be thinner) it and silicone all the way around,then tank it with the tanking kit along with your shower area. not ideal.

ideally you should just put your bath against the wall(silicone in)then tile down,watertight then. make sure you either cement board ofr plasterboard the opposite end before you tile it,and use powdered adhesive,not tubbed

B

bodgermatic

Thanks for all the advice, I'm trying to take it all on board :) I've shuffled the bath up and boxed in at the end. I don't have any cement board, so plasterboard will have to do - I'll tank it just to be sure. Siliconed all round the bath last night, and I'm starting the tanking now - wish me luck!

dsc02457.jpg dsc02458.jpg

Reply to Tanking and tiling timber batten to bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.