Search the forum,

Discuss Sub floor and UFH for upstairs bathroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
Porcelain floor tiles to go down. Existing floor is floorboards on joists.
Was going to put 18mil wbp ply. But seems 6mm No More Ply is a better option (please correct if im wrong). Also seen premat mentioned. Much the same, or is one better than other.
Then because of the heating, i wanted to put insulation down first. Was thinking of marmox boards. But if they have those washer fixings, the fixings dont go totally flush do they? If adhesiving over top, its not too much of an issue, but if im to put NMP board on top, Im not convinced it will go down flat over these with no voids.
Alternatively, if using thicker marmox, maybe 12 or 20mm, is that enough to tile straight onto and so not needing the NMP?

Reply to Sub floor and UFH for upstairs bathroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen