Search the forum,

Discuss Strange dark patches appearing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpy_cake

Hi,

I rent a property and the tiled floor in the kitchen has started to get dark patches on the tiles. I have tried washing them and they originally went away but they come back in the same places.

They appear to fade if I use a scouring pad but I am worried that I am going to damage the tile if I scrub too hard....

2013-05-02 13.08.57.jpg 2013-05-02 13.08.40.jpg

Any ideas?

I

Ian

Looks like oil. Has anything been spilt on it? And how long has the floor been laid?

G

grumpy_cake

Looks like oil. Has anything been spilt on it? And how long has the floor been laid?

Nope, we've been here for over a year and they started appearing probably after about 8 months, but it's been gradual. Originally I could get rid of them with elbow grease and a mop. We haven't spilt anything on it.... it wasn't newly decorated when we moved in so I would have thought it had been down at least a year before we moved in...

Reply to Strange dark patches appearing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen