Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Stone Feature Wall. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good evening. Just a quick one. I've fixed split face stone mosaic tiles as a feature wall (not in a wet area). They are the ones that inter lock into each other. The customer has said she now wants them grout. I explained what a nightmare that would be but she is adamant that she would like them tile. The mosaics are travertine and I've sealed them just the once. Would you now attempt to grout them or add a second coat of sealer before hand to help get the excess grout of or would sealing a second time cause problems with the grout holding in the joints.
Thanks in advance.

R

Russell brown

Here's my effort today, spent ages trying to sort the lip page out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 28
O

Old Mod

You're right with it looking warm though. Good choice there.

I had black matte porcelain tiles that imitated stone in my first house, on the living room floor. Wasn't a done thing back then. Had UFH under it. Looked lovely. People always asked about it.

Thanks!
Yeah it's good creating something a little different, always a conversation piece!
Which helps when you're anti social git like me! Haha ...and besides it forces people in to talking about tiles! The only subject I don't mind talking about :)

Reply to Split Face Stone Feature Wall. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement