Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Stone Feature Wall. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good evening. Just a quick one. I've fixed split face stone mosaic tiles as a feature wall (not in a wet area). They are the ones that inter lock into each other. The customer has said she now wants them grout. I explained what a nightmare that would be but she is adamant that she would like them tile. The mosaics are travertine and I've sealed them just the once. Would you now attempt to grout them or add a second coat of sealer before hand to help get the excess grout of or would sealing a second time cause problems with the grout holding in the joints.
Thanks in advance.

R

rj1884

image.jpg image.jpg
Hello. Thanks for your quick reply. He's what's been done and used. Hopefully it gives you an idea.

I

Ian

Topps tiles? I've done those on a fire place before, I wouldn't even consider attempting to grout those, not even with a grout gun, I don't think it'd end well!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rj1884

I was thinking of a grout gun but there's so many joints the grout would still spill all over the tiles. From your experience is there any other way of grouting them.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Agree with bri. Grout those and it will be ruined. Did you tell her from the start that they don't get grouted?

R

rj1884

Certainly did. As I mentioned I'm seeing her this morning again and I'll see what she says. Cheers guys

Reply to Split Face Stone Feature Wall. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen