Search the forum,

Discuss So What Would Your House Be Worth? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

...........if u could pick it up and move it to London in to the
Borough of Kensington & Chelsea?

It was announced today that the Borough of Kensington & Chelsea is the most expensive area in the UK to live.
With the average price being £2000m2 for a home in the UK, the price in
Kensington & Chelsea is a whopping £12,000m2
Is it warranted?

I'm working there at the moment 50m from Fulham Road, less than 500m from the likes of Fired Earth London showroom, Bisazza, Farrow and Ball, Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney, to name a few.
I walk 10 mins from the Tube to the job and this is what I see,
image.jpg

This is their front garden, a communal space.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

In fact there's 5 Porche Cayenne's and two Porche 4 doors and a whole host of Range Rovers, but they're too common to photograph! :D

So is the property worth that kind of money or is it purely the case of that's where the money happens to be?
....and would you move your house here if you could?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
A mate of mine and his mrs bought a 1 bedroom cottage in surbiton around the same time bought a 2 bed cottage in burnley ,(2010 ish) his had one room and a tiny kitchen, bathroom and bedroom , mine had livingroom, BIG kitchen/diner , 2 beds and bathroom with walk in shower.
His -£350000
Mine -£43000
Mine did need doing up though :)
I couldnt live in any city , london is my worst nightmare

O

Old Mod

A mate of mine and his mrs bought a 1 bedroom cottage in surbiton around the same time bought a 2 bed cottage in burnley ,(2010 ish) his had one room and a tiny kitchen, bathroom and bedroom , mine had livingroom, BIG kitchen/diner , 2 beds and bathroom with walk in shower.
His -£350000
Mine -£43000
Mine did need doing up though :)
I couldnt live in any city , london is my worst nightmare

I'm five minutes from Surbiton, it's a bit posh there haha

S

Spare Tool

Very strange set up London really, only been a handfull of times but from what I can make out the more affluent areas are next door to the have nots, up here its far more spread out.. there's the odd spot that's rough as toast but its mostly middle of the road...not rich not poor, then there's a few villages and surrounding areas where the real money is tucked away n not in yer face.
Tell ya what though park your Ferrari or Bentley in Burnley centre n you better have a big dog chained up next to it ;)

O

Old Mod

Very strange set up London really, only been a handfull of times but from what I can make out the more affluent areas are next door to the have nots, up here its far more spread out.. there's the odd spot that's rough as toast but its mostly middle of the road...not rich not poor, then there's a few villages and surrounding areas where the real money is tucked away n not in yer face.
Tell ya what though park your Ferrari or Bentley in Burnley centre n you better have a big dog chained up next to it ;)
Hahaha I spose it's no different here really, just all clumped together! Where I live is certainly not posh! Less than half a mile away or 2 streets if u like are houses that are occupied by celebrities and the super rich on Kingston Hill! Just less space to spread out! :D

O

Old Mod

give me Crosscrake anyday,,,,green fields out the back,,,green fields out the front,,,I like green fields :)
No, completely with u Doug & Andy, given the choice I'd be outta here like a shot.
Cornwall is where the wife and I would like to end up, in a caravan within walking distance of a bodyboarder beach!
Heaven!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well its what you get use to fallen through the worst streets in london half cut many times
all ways got home never crossed my mind i would not .still does not .well working in the country side in the middle of no where at night darkness every where strange noise bushes moving in the wind .howling coming closer and closer .them bloody ducks kicking off .all ways glad to leave them jobs nerves on edge all the time .every one to there own
the only thing i can say for london and buying young is you have a great pension plan
sell up down size .with a big pot left over .no pension plan can match it. so maybe thats the price we pay .for not looking at green fields and trees and being tereified at night

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
My house is on the market at the moment. If I picked it up and moved it to central London it might be worth three times more. it would also be turned into five or six flats I guess.... Looking to move to the Lincolnshire fans just down the road really.... I shall stick to green fields and big skies. I really don't like the city life.....

O

Old Mod

But London is owned by Johnny Foreigner now.......not True Londoners. Programme on old Battersea power station rebuild. Big flash flats, mostly sold to Chinese I think.
London is advertised to everyone, but it's generally only very rich foreigners that can afford it.
Sad but oh so very true!
I did see a flat that I quite fancied this morning on my stroll in!:D
image.jpg

M

Marvo

Only time I lived in London I was still a student in the early 80's. Prices and rents were expensive even back then, I couldn't get a place in the halls of residence so I spent 4 months squatting in a house on Portobello Road. We eventually got evicted so we moved three doors away to another house where we squatted till the end of our stay.

Reply to So What Would Your House Be Worth? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement