Search the forum,

Discuss So What Would Your House Be Worth? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

...........if u could pick it up and move it to London in to the
Borough of Kensington & Chelsea?

It was announced today that the Borough of Kensington & Chelsea is the most expensive area in the UK to live.
With the average price being £2000m2 for a home in the UK, the price in
Kensington & Chelsea is a whopping £12,000m2
Is it warranted?

I'm working there at the moment 50m from Fulham Road, less than 500m from the likes of Fired Earth London showroom, Bisazza, Farrow and Ball, Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney, to name a few.
I walk 10 mins from the Tube to the job and this is what I see,
image.jpg

This is their front garden, a communal space.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

In fact there's 5 Porche Cayenne's and two Porche 4 doors and a whole host of Range Rovers, but they're too common to photograph! :D

So is the property worth that kind of money or is it purely the case of that's where the money happens to be?
....and would you move your house here if you could?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
People are buying properties around there and not moving in. Because they increase in value waaaay more than interest rates can gain.

There are streets with empty houses, and the houses are worth millions.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
spent 3 months working in London back in the late 80's......was glad to get back to the green fields and woodland of Gloucestershire..:)

S

Spare Tool

Was watching "the met" last night apparently there's 70,000 burgalries and robberies a year in central London a year, thats 2000 a day, not for me I'm happy in Lancashire with the clampets next door :)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A mate of mine and his mrs bought a 1 bedroom cottage in surbiton around the same time bought a 2 bed cottage in burnley ,(2010 ish) his had one room and a tiny kitchen, bathroom and bedroom , mine had livingroom, BIG kitchen/diner , 2 beds and bathroom with walk in shower.
His -£350000
Mine -£43000
Mine did need doing up though :)
I couldnt live in any city , london is my worst nightmare

O

Old Mod

A mate of mine and his mrs bought a 1 bedroom cottage in surbiton around the same time bought a 2 bed cottage in burnley ,(2010 ish) his had one room and a tiny kitchen, bathroom and bedroom , mine had livingroom, BIG kitchen/diner , 2 beds and bathroom with walk in shower.
His -£350000
Mine -£43000
Mine did need doing up though :)
I couldnt live in any city , london is my worst nightmare

I'm five minutes from Surbiton, it's a bit posh there haha

S

Spare Tool

Very strange set up London really, only been a handfull of times but from what I can make out the more affluent areas are next door to the have nots, up here its far more spread out.. there's the odd spot that's rough as toast but its mostly middle of the road...not rich not poor, then there's a few villages and surrounding areas where the real money is tucked away n not in yer face.
Tell ya what though park your Ferrari or Bentley in Burnley centre n you better have a big dog chained up next to it ;)

Reply to So What Would Your House Be Worth? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen