Search the forum,

Discuss Small Strip of Hardie Backer on Floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
HD02666_020648.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Get the biggest pieces down with as few joints as possible is my preferred method. On a wc of that size 1 join in the middle of a floorboard would be best. Only stagger the bond on larger areas and tape the joints.
Each to their own with regard to cutting. Follow Hardie instructions is best but never cut in an environment that has other people around!

R

RDTiling

Big deep breath, cut with grinder, run for fresh air, job done.. [emoji1][emoji1]

What blade would you recommend to cut Hardie with using a grinder? So far I've been lucky and not had to cut round pipe boxes with Hardie so have only had to score and snap. I've got a bathroom in a couple of weeks that has a pipe box so depending on lay out of the boards, I might have to cut round it.

S

Stef

What blade would you recommend to cut Hardie with using a grinder? So far I've been lucky and not had to cut round pipe boxes with Hardie so have only had to score and snap. I've got a bathroom in a couple of weeks that has a pipe box so depending on lay out of the boards, I might have to cut round it.

I've got an old tile blade in my grinder for cutting Hardi but very rarely cut this way because of the toxins that come off the board.
If you do use a grinder then cut outside preferably upwind & don't breathe any off it in.

C

charlie1

Sorry for being blunt but I know none of you have tried this or you know it wouldn't work. I have the festool setup and had to remove existing hardie using circular saw... It does not work + it kills your tools + ruins your blades.

Reply to Small Strip of Hardie Backer on Floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen