Discuss Skirting boards cut or tile against ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

my present job, 200m2 stone with wet ufh. Chippie wanted to fix all oak skirting first.
no problem I said, I'll put the 10mm expansion joint up to the skirting then rather than hidden under it ;)

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Done quite a few new builds were the skirting has just been tacked on (nails not driven through) quite handy, save a lot of time get perfect measurements/cuts and even better for wooden floors as there's no horrible trim...
oh I love doing wooden floors, so quick and clean

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had to price a job where he wanted about 180m of skirting's bottoms cut so the tiles would slide under nicely and there was sockets on the skirting, nobody knew where the wire runs were.

Didn't get the job :rolleyes:

That's a shame:D

Reaction score
Interesting thread, and thought worth mentioning that there are skirting profiles available in the Schlüter-DESIGNBASE range which may be an option for jobs where you're asked to finish the skirting detail.

Schlüter®-DESIGNBASE-SL: Schlüter®-DESIGNBASE-SL | Function | Schlüter-Systems - http://www.schluter.co.uk/schluter-designbase-sl-product-detail-0-60868.aspx
Schlüter®-DESIGNBASE-CQ: Schlüter®-DESIGNBASE-CQ | Function | Schlüter-Systems - http://www.schluter.co.uk/schluter-designbase-cq.aspx

Samples can be requested from the office on 01530 813396 or by emailing [email protected].

To find out once new products are released along with gaining access to the exclusive events, competitions and promotions then sign up at www.schluterandu.co.uk.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Great idea that , its always bugged me that joiners have alsorts of profiles to put up against skirting when putting floors down, and wood is much easier to cut and fit that a blinking porcelain tile .
Think i may want a sample ;)

Reply to Skirting boards cut or tile against ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay