Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 3b vs 3bm?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi guys am new to the forum, and starting with what is probably a very dumb question :oops:

im in the market for a new cutter, the ts60 plus aint cutting it on the porks (literally)

so im going to invest in a sigma but while looking into it iv notice that there is the popular choice of the sigma 3b with the 630mm cutting bed which by all accounts is the daddy, the best price iv found is 300 delivered

but iv also come across the 3bm which, when looking at the spec, seems to be the better cutter, as it has a more advance suspesion type scribe system
only downside is that the cutting bed is a slightly shorter at 600mm, but the best price iv found on this is 230 delivered

so basically im asking, am i missing something??? surely the better cutter cannot be that much cheeper??
any advice would be very apreciated and i apologise in advance if this is a daft question :lol:

go easy

Matt

OP
M

mattle40

the 3b is on special offer in diatech (scotland) for £220 i think that will be plus v.a.t. so £264 in total.and a free sigma washboy sponge. give roger there a ring, he's really helpful. delivery is very good too, next day

thanks for that il give them a call in the morning, still just trying to work out which is the model to get, am i right in thinking that in the code 3bk, the k stands for klik klok handle? if so i think the 3bm means the m stands for the maxi handle which has more breaking force and has a dampened wheel for scoring riven tiles so is surely better....... ahh i give up :mad2: lol, think the only downside to sigma is the lack of info and the price structure seems odd, still cant wait to try whichever i decide to go with.. :drool5:

OP
H

hillhead

Hello again Matt, 01738 444606 is diatechs number.
Ask their advice on the difference between the two you fancy.
Iv been using the 3B for near 5 years now and that's 5-6 days a week with thousands of cuts for sure. Not one problem at all with it.

OP
P

Peter

The push cutter you've been looking at is the Klick Klock system, cuts well but a bit of an unnecessary faff, the pull cutters are as good and a lot quicker cutting.

Don't like the 60cm cutters myself, find that they're a bit big for smaller stuff and a bit small for bigger stuff. A 50cm and a 75cm is a better combo, and a 60cm won't let you cut a 600mm off the square.

Should definately be able to get them a bit cheaper than listed prices. Local stockist got my 4a for £190.

OP
M

mattle40

The push cutter you've been looking at is the Klick Klock system, cuts well but a bit of an unnecessary faff, the pull cutters are as good and a lot quicker cutting.

Don't like the 60cm cutters myself, find that they're a bit big for smaller stuff and a bit small for bigger stuff. A 50cm and a 75cm is a better combo, and a 60cm won't let you cut a 600mm off the square.

Should definately be able to get them a bit cheaper than listed prices. Local stockist got my 4a for £190.

cheers pal in an ideal world i would go for something like that but can only affor the one at the moment so thought smack in the middle of the road, i sell tiles at the minute and by far the most popular size for lasy couple of years has been 60x30 so think il be ok with the 630.... fingers crossed eh.

as for price, im working on a guy at the minute, somewhere between £210-230 delivered for the 3bm

Reply to Sigma 3b vs 3bm?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock