Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 3b vs 3bm?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi guys am new to the forum, and starting with what is probably a very dumb question :oops:

im in the market for a new cutter, the ts60 plus aint cutting it on the porks (literally)

so im going to invest in a sigma but while looking into it iv notice that there is the popular choice of the sigma 3b with the 630mm cutting bed which by all accounts is the daddy, the best price iv found is 300 delivered

but iv also come across the 3bm which, when looking at the spec, seems to be the better cutter, as it has a more advance suspesion type scribe system
only downside is that the cutting bed is a slightly shorter at 600mm, but the best price iv found on this is 230 delivered

so basically im asking, am i missing something??? surely the better cutter cannot be that much cheeper??
any advice would be very apreciated and i apologise in advance if this is a daft question :lol:

go easy

Matt

OP
H

hillhead

Welcome Matt, i use the 3B as my main everyday cutter and it's superb.
I'v not looked at the 3BM yet so can't really comment.
But if it's advanced it should not be cheaper IMO.

OP
M

mattle40

cheers pal thats exactly my dilemma, the sigma website is pretty useless but from what i can gather its a push model with a spring loaded scribe and slightly shorter bed, but 70 quid is 70 quid and that difference just doesnt seem justifiable.... very tempted to get the 3bm at ÂŁ230 but would be gutted to find later on it was in any way inferior, as i am in a sense, as im sure most decent tilers do, buying this as an investment peice so might aswell spend the extra cash for the better peice if needs be.

Matt

OP
H

hillhead

The thing i find with sigmas is how they hold their money really well too.
Don't worry about loosing much money even if you use it for a year or two.
I used to have a 2B, i then added the 3B so advertised the 2B.... phone went mad and i got what i asked no problem.( over 40 calls for sure at the time.)

OP
M

mattle40

well im just in the process of starting out as a tiler really, bad timing i know. iv been merchandising for a well known tile shop (best not say who) for 4 years now and its just come naturally, theyve stuck me on several courses and iv had to tile some seriously dodgy walls, so i feel like i served my aprenticeship now and am ready to take the next step, just slowly building up my inventory at the minute before i risk my mortgage and take the plunge on my own, so any pointers asside from the topic would also be much apreciated.

Matt

OP
D

DHTiling

Hi Matt..

TX700.. will make those sigmas look like lego toys.. :)

p.s .. wait for it. :):):):)

OP
H

hillhead

rubi rubi rubi how good they are...... much better than sigma.. NOT

NOT

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

hillhead

Always a bit of banter one here Matt about sigma and rubi,lol.
I'm sure you see that by now.

OP
H

hillhead

Please note the build quality of rubis is inferior to sigmas and thats prob why sigma don't have to give cutters away,lol.

OP
M

mattle40

i was expecting it when i posted the topic to be honest :lol:, i unfortunatly am set on a sigma and cannot be swayed to rubi, as mentioned iv been using rubi, 4 years now and learnt with it too, but the ts range has just put me off, iv always felt the same way to be honest just never took the step, i know the tx is far superior to ts but i just feel the brand in general has gone downhill, having worked with them, and even selling them iv experienced alot of problems...... sadly :thumbsdown:

OP
S

Stewart

Am I correct in assuming that when purchasing a sigma, you are given a lifetime supply of LSD, as you're obviously in a continual state delusional euphoria.......

Created on iPhone.....

Reply to Sigma 3b vs 3bm?? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock