Currently reading:
Sigma 10 m 9

Discuss Sigma 10 m 9 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Hi all
hopefully I am going to post a completely unbiased review on the sigma 10m9 wet saw. Thiscwill be done in parts over the next week or so as i use it.
Having not owned a rubi wet saw im not comparing.( so not getting into the rubi/ sigma debate.
This arrived on Thursday on a pallet.
first impression is that it looks very well made and quite simple in design. It's a heavy beast when all together but it splits down into a few main parts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374342287.846806.jpg
I have weighed the main parts and they come in as follows
Stand. 6 kg
Saw inc water tray and splash guard. 26kg
Sliding table. 21 kg
So in parts it's not bad at all to transport . It goes together very easily, first open up the stand and put the cutter on top, the sliding table inserts into two tightly machined holes and then you tighten up the angle adjusting bolts. The blade guard simply slots in under the cutting table.
So here it is complete. But without the blade guard and bevel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374342974.242732.jpg

Have tried a few cuts today using some 600 x 600 villeroy and boch porcellain tiles and it cuts perfectly square out of the box.
Mitreing is very good as there is no blade deflection.
The motor is very quiet and water spray is minimal, but it does drip off the table at various points.
On the bad side I can't stop it taking the corner off the tile when cutting from an point to point, no matter how slow I cut. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I will post more and pictures of the cuts as I use it.

To summarise, right now I feel the same as when I got an "I phone" . Wouldn't be without it now but struggling at the moment.

I

Ian

I would be interested in a trade eve to see and have a go depending on where it would be. I love my dewalt but i think mitre cuts would be easier on the Sigma. Don't know why just a feeling, not that the dewalt does them bad but sometimes the arm does get in the way.

When you do mitre cuts, do you have the blade set at a fixed depth or plunge cut them gradually? If you use the plunge and slide it gives perfect results.

I

Ian

Yes i do them gradually Bri, like i said i'm not unhappy with the results, it may be just a bit of the grass is greener scenario, and be no better or worse, but if it is better............:thumbsup:

Yeah I hear you mate, there is definitely some wander with the dewalt porcelain blade, I'd say that's more to do with the blade rather than the saw. When I've plucked up enough courage I'm going to order a DNA and see if that makes a difference.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I would be interested in a trade eve to see and have a go depending on where it would be. I love my dewalt but i think mitre cuts would be easier on the Sigma. Don't know why just a feeling, not that the dewalt does them bad but sometimes the arm does get in the way.
The mitre cuts are easy and fast with no blade deflection as you are passing quite near to the centre mounting of the blade.
im going to make a bracket this week to mount a line laser, I know it seems over the top but with this saw i am struggling to line up the mark at the back of the tile. Straight edge works but a bit of a fiddle .

D

DHTiling

The mitre cuts are easy and fast with no blade deflection as you are passing quite near to the centre mounting of the blade.
im going to make a bracket this week to mount a line laser, I know it seems over the top but with this saw i am struggling to line up the mark at the back of the tile. Straight edge works but a bit of a fiddle .

Score the tile along the said point to point mark and follow that with your blade.... or use a china marker that does not wash off with the spray.

So guys whats your opinion on this ripping down 100mts of 1200 x 600 x 20mm limestone slabs to 1200 x 145 x 20mm? Is it going to cope and is it going to be easy/hassle free? The slabs are bloody heavy to move about. Am tempted now its in the for sale section!!

Reply to Sigma 10 m 9 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement