Discuss Shower Alcove Internal Corners - Grouted By Mistake, Can I Silicone On Top?? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TheNamek

Dang diddly! In my mad rush to get as much of the shower alcove grouted before the epoxy grout became unusable, I absent mindedly filled the vertical corner joints with grout.

I tanked the bejeebus outta the whole alcove, and the bathroom is on the ground floor sitting on sand and cement screed.

Could I get away with a line of silicone on top of the grouted corners? I'm not entirely sure I can get a grout remover blade in there without scuffing or chipping tiles (might actually be a case of can't face doing it :tearsofjoy:!

Attachments

• 20150605_210607~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Epoxy will be fine it has flexible properties. And you're sure as hell not getting that out easily now.

If anything, wait until some form of failure occurs and take it from there. But I doubt you'll see one.

Reply to Shower Alcove Internal Corners - Grouted By Mistake, Can I Silicone On Top?? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks