Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sealing red bricks?? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dharflett

Hello,
First time on here so not sure if this'll end up in the right place.
Anyway, Im after some advice regarding a shower cubicle in a bathroom.
It has an open red brick wall which I want to place a shower tray up against, plumb in, tile the sides, etc but what I'd love is to be able to leave the open brick wall as it is, the problem is that it has been drilled in the past. Would it be possible to just fill the holes and seal the wall? If so, can you recommend any products / ways to guarantee it'll be waterproof?
Thanks in advance​

W

White Room

Hi and welcome..

That would be a nightmare to clean the bricks even if got a total waterproof wall.

U

user123

Not part of the tiling world, I know, but why not use clear marine epoxy resin? If you go into a Marine Engineers place or google it, you'll find marine varnishes and lacquers which could well be suitable. For the marine epoxy resin there is a thickening powder available which makes the coat lovely and thick to smooth out the bricks' surface.. and will make the wall look permanently wet and glossy... worth looking into I reckon :thumbsup.

U

user123

Make sure that wall is bone dry though before you do... :thumbsup: no showering in there for now, but I totally get where you are coming from with that. :)

D

dharflett

Will do. I just didn't want to cover it up as it'll make a nice feature.
Thanks again for your help, now I've just got to locate some resin!

Reply to Sealing red bricks?? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks