Search the forum,

Discuss sealing matt porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hallo all,im installing some matt porcelain tiles(atlas milestone) and have been reading up some info that some matt porcs need sealing? seem to remember a posta while ago on here that some one done a bathroom in them and they were getting water stained.

would water staining occur more easily say down south where the water is hard as oppose to up here inscotland wher we have soft water with no limescale issues? i cant find any relevant info on these exact tiles but maybe someone has previous experience of these ones beinfg fixed/ cheers:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

If they are a through bodied porcelain, then yes seal them.. :thumbsup:

It is basicly unglazed porcelain.. do a porosity test and then seal to suit these results..

D

DHTiling

Depends on what finish you want Jamie..

Matt finish then LTP Mattstone and if a Satin type finish then LTP Glaze protector..

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i generally use lithofin,ill try the mattstone,ive used that one already was good,,think it was the gloss i wasnt keen on

Reply to sealing matt porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen