Search the forum,

Discuss sanding travertine ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Amir Patwa

hi i have been to see a customer who asked me if i could remove the lips off her travertine floor installed a few weeks ago , probably not that many but upto 3 mm difference in tile level , brick bond joints , 600 x 400 middle of the road quality ,, just wondered if they can be ground down or sanded ? not something i have ever had to do so any advice would be appreciated,, thanks in advance :smilewinkgrin:
An easy process to rectify the problem

F

Flintstone

I know a man who had to rectify some poor travetine mosaic in a bathroom due to it being poorly fitted, he made a little cubicle around him with polythene and spent the day with the grinder with rubber backing and various sand papers and got it all flat. Not something i would fancy but anything is possible as it's the same material all the way through ofcourse

A

Amir Patwa

I know a man who had to rectify some poor travetine mosaic in a bathroom due to it being poorly fitted, he made a little cubicle around him with polythene and spent the day with the grinder with rubber backing and various sand papers and got it all flat. Not something i would fancy but anything is possible as it's the same material all the way through ofcourse
It is feasible to grind and repolish a small bathroom with a hand polisher! But you may need a swing machine to carry similar procedure on floor using abrasives and water to cut down on dust!

A

Amir Patwa

You really need the machinery for this job..

This might help show what is involved..
A good skirting would help to stop the slurry from splashing the walls! An added weight would fasten the process! The operator is hastening the process! If he slowed down moving from left o right his productivity would increase a lot!

Reply to sanding travertine ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen