Discuss Resin for Travertine floor restoration. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Hi.
I've been asked to restore a travertine kitchen floor. Its a bit grubby and some parts of the floor have punctured, which isn't unusual for one of these kinds of floor. Stuck down well so thats not an issue.
I'm planning on stripping the sealer off the floor, then removing the grout with an Exactsaw, and then sorting out the punture marks which have just got grubby.
I've heard of resins that can be used instead of grout, that flood the joints and the solution pockets and leave the whole floor looking like a polished slab.
Has anyone had any experience of these products???

C

Concrete guy

The most obvious thing that springs to mind is Akemi products.

Masons use these resins for crakcs and repairs and granite worktop joints.

Akemi

Reply to Resin for Travertine floor restoration. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay