Discuss Recomended way to prepare 3m2 18mm ply Floor with UFH & Travertine Tiles? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kujina

Hello

I've been completely renovating the bathroom upstairs. I'm going to put down Warmup loose wire UFH and travertine tiles.
  • The tiled floor area will be just over 3m2.
  • The floor is 18mm ply on joists with noggins and 120mm (celotex type) foil faced insulation, level with the top of the joists (I thought it would stop heat escaping from the UFH and provide the ply with more support).
Would it be advised against to not using a decoupling membrane such as Ditra Matting?

...Thanks...

K

kujina

Hello, thanks for the response and the welcome, can you recomend Genesis G-Mat? I found some for just under £10 a meter. How much higher will using a decoupling membrane make the floor?

I

Ian

There have been some reported failures with G-mat recently, I'd go for ditra or dural ci.

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

S

sharpfamily

I've used Warmup insulation boards - they're very easy to fit, save electricty, keeps heat in the bathroom, also makes laying the warmup loose wire very simple. And BAL single part fastflex to stick the tiles down.

K

kujina

Does the UFH have to go under the decoupling membrane? I've got the thin 2mm Warmup loose wire UFH.

Q

Qwerty

Does the UFH have to go under the decoupling membrane? I've got the thin 2mm Warmup loose wire UFH.

Lay UFH, then SLC over the top. Lay Ditra on top of this, with the tiles on top of that :thumbsup:

Ditra has no u-value, so does not stop heat radiating through floor

Welcome by the way :welcome:

K

kujina

Lay UFH, then SLC over the top. Lay Ditra on top of this, with the tiles on top of that :thumbsup:

Ditra has no u-value, so does not stop heat radiating through floor

Welcome by the way :welcome:

Thank you, what does SLC stand for?

Reply to Recomended way to prepare 3m2 18mm ply Floor with UFH & Travertine Tiles? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay