Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Reclaimed brick floor, advice to choose sealer please (not linseed). in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've just laid a reclaimed brick floor in my kitchen (full bricks, 2.75 inches thick). I haven't pointed them yet, as I need to seal them first. Problem is, I need help to choose what type to get. I love the natural colour, mellow and rustic, so ideally I don't want that to change. However, the surface is rough and I can imagine that, leaving them with a matt finish, they will be a nightmare to clean. So, the ideal scenario is to seal it with something that won't change the colour and lets the floor breathe, and is either a delicate silk finish, or add a top coat to achieve the same effect. What I definetly would hate is any darkening/plastic looking finish. Also a high gloss isn't the look I'm after. So, can someone please help?

OP
P

Perry

Re: Reclaimed brick floor, advice to choose sealer please (not linseed

attachment.php

One I done earlier

OP
Q

Qwerty

LTP Mattstone then LTP Clear wax will create an identical look on brickwork

AliGage

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Cheers Geoff.

Still no like button on tapatalk here i see [emoji4]

OP
Q

Qwerty

Haha... No worries Ali. I was going to go down the Mattstone & Clear Wax route on some terracotta tiles at the start of the year being fitted outside. I had fitted them in the kitchen also and sealed with LTP mattstone H2O and then Ironwax satin but this combo can't be used externally so LTP recommend the other products to give the same look.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411195098.362813.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411195122.830624.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411195141.463896.jpg

OP
P

Perry

That was inside and was patina. I always kept away from wax, it attracts dirt and needs buffing all the time to stop it being slippery. Are you using a wire cut outside ?

Reply to Reclaimed brick floor, advice to choose sealer please (not linseed). in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock