Search the forum,

Discuss Rapid or Slow setting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Hi guys.

This is more of a curiosity thing. After reading a few threads over the last few days, I get the impression that alot of the pro's hate tubbed adhesive, but not quite as much as they hate Justin Beiber (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.....).

So my question is, in your own opinions, for both floor and wall tiling, when do you use rapid and when do you use slow setting adhesives?

Thanks in advance for your input.

S

Simon benn Leeds

Hi guys.

This is more of a curiosity thing. After reading a few threads over the last few days, I get the impression that alot of the pro's hate tubbed adhesive, but not quite as much as they hate Justin Beiber (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.....).

So my question is, in your own opinions, for both floor and wall tiling, when do you use rapid and when do you use slow setting adhesives?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Rapid for floors, extended set for walls.

Small floors i dry lay the floor then still use rapid, works for me.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you want to get on quick Rapid set.

Honestly though , tends to be slow for walls but depends on the tile , moisture sensitive stone might be wise to use rapid.

Floors tend to be rapid but in hot weather done use slow for longer pot life or say the jobs really fiddly , then slow set can be used to prevent adhesive going off on you.

So it's your preference tbh

Reply to Rapid or Slow setting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen