Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Quotatis in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

calculator

Re: www.Quotatis

these sites seem to b popping up everywhere, dont trust em myself heard stories of not bing able to get round to do the quote, only over net and thats no good, how do you sell yourself that you are best person for the job but more important how do you quote for a job you've not seen, if they give the full postcode try tapping it into sat nav, or google and do leaflet drop on the road you can sometimes pick-up the work that way

G

GatesheadCol

You gotta ask yourself this Dean

They advertaise as 'locally vetted tradesmen'

What that really means is they get £50 quid from you, wheres the vetting?

Stay away.

You ever tried to sell a car? You get the calls from Cardata and the likes saying pay us £90 and we will give you details of buyers in your area.

All acon mate.

Ask yourself this too - your looking for a atradesman - where would you go?

You ever heard of them from thr customers point of view?

D

dean39

on the web-site they say they vet everyone before they will give out referalls,it all comes down to who you can trust thats why i enquired on here first,thanks for all replys.Dean:)

T

timg

they do vet their contractors... i'm one of them.. have no complaints over the lead quality whatsoever...

T

Time's Ran Out

But if they are still going it must have been worth the £250 they got from the 5 quotes each time!:lol:

:welcome:timg.

T

timg

well, i only joined Quotatis recently... I didn't realise that this post is more than 5 years old! :yikes:

I've got few jobs with them, so it's a valuable source of jobs in the periods when there's not much to do

M

mikethetile

Tim

whats the true cost of these leads

I think its great, pay them 50sobs and you get 1000s of leads. now what am I going to do with 1000s of leads every month, I think I will sell them on for 2 sobs each LOL

G

Gazzer

I am rather sceptical that you have 2 posts and you took your time to dig up such an old thread...and both posts on the same subject ??? Am i wrong ?

E

Ess

I have worked for this company before, and i can honestly say that this way of generating business is far more cost effective than putting an advert in say yellow pages or something. all quote requests are qualified throughly by a strong buffering team and if there is a problem with the trade getting a quote out then everything will be done to credit that account if need be from listening back to call to speaking with the customer again. people are far to quick to jump to the "con" comclusion when something sounds to good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

I have worked for this company before, and i can honestly say that this way of generating business is far more cost effective than putting an advert in say yellow pages or something. all quote requests are qualified throughly by a strong buffering team and if there is a problem with the trade getting a quote out then everything will be done to credit that account if need be from listening back to call to speaking with the customer again. people are far to quick to jump to the "con" comclusion when something sounds to good to be true.

We dont think they are a con, they are a con. They prey on people handing over their money in the hope that they get some work. All these shady setups should be avoided like the plague and as Neale has already stated why is this your first post on the subject? You must have searched for this particular thread.

Reply to Quotatis in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks