Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss (Quite a) Few questions and anyone local for a quote :-) in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the replies.

So looks like definitely screed the mat in. Probably not tile under the kitchen units @3_fall, but probably will be under the island (but not heating under there I guess). Is the screed thick enough that it won't run off the matt and under the kitchen units where there is no insulation? (never had experience with it before so don't know if that is a dumb question).

Was there any recommendations on the tape between insulating boards, needed or not?

Is the WarmFloor Elektra range seen as decent on these forums? Obviously, they seem well priced when comparing to the quotes I've been given from the various tile outlets.

One last thing was what do people do where the tiled area meets a carpet? Given there will be quite a height difference, do they create a slope in the carpeted area to make the drop between rooms smaller, therefore allowing for a tile to carpet door trim to be used or similar?

I have a few additional people coming out to quote for the work (one from here) so I'll hopefully get any further queries answered then :)

O

Old Mod

You shouldn’t fit heating under any permanent floor standing units or sanitary ware, it should be a minimum of 50-60mm away from skirting or heat source, (radiator pipe)
Form some kind of dam at the edges where you want to avoid the slc from running over.
You can use something as simple as a line of sand or even any excess slc powder, or use silicone to fix a small wooden baton (door stop) around edges, or even thin off cuts of insulation board.
Scrim tape for boards should be alkali free.
You can use slc beneath carpet area by door to provide gentle slope and/or use tile trim to make the transition between tile and carpet.
Carpet and underlay normally totals 20mm + so the difference may not be as bad as you expect.

W

Waluigi

sharp sand works surprisingly well. Usually better to have a wet bag. Then hoover up when it’s bone dry.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Like this

8245C928-6B1F-4CE4-A5B5-B2D77DCE4CEC.jpeg

Reply to (Quite a) Few questions and anyone local for a quote :-) in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock