• Thread starter Graham Bright
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 3K
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss Quick question for tomorrow pe in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Graham Bright

Hoe some of you lot are online :eek:)

In the middle of a 600x300 rough porcelain bathroom. The walls and floors are matching with the grout lines running right through and matching up.

About 3 foot into the bathroom there is a step. The step is about 3/4 of an inch. I have no idea what to do with this.

Its to small for a slither I recon especially as it will be smaller than that when the lower level is tiled but they want it covered obviously, preferably with a bit of metal trim. So I can stick the trim on the top step what what can I do about the face of the step ??

Would you put a tiny slither there?

Really appreciate some ideas as always people :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

sounds like a trip hazard to me, can't it be leveled with the rest of the floor?

C

CJ CERAMICS

i would also bring the bottom level up to the top height, a 3/4 inch step in a bathroom?
makes no sense for it to be there.`

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I agree, trip hazard you could use trim back to back. but I would use a different coloured nosing to highlight small step. If you can't bring floor level:thumbsup: Some slc can go 50mm deep

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Graham Bright

The whole floor already has 18mm ply down. The step itself cannot be moved as its a loft conversion and was put there for a reason. Below is part of a stairwell

P

Pebbs

I agree with Phil on this one, contrast tread nosing, otherwise after someones had one to many to drink they could go flying....umm it happens to all of us from time to time.

Pebbs

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
did you not for see this problem before you started the tiling , i would have informed the customer that there might be a problem and agreed a solution before starting, im not being critical its just fore sight :thumbsup:

Reply to Quick question for tomorrow pe in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen