Search the forum,

Discuss Protilers - latex screeding a floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Depends how it is tanked and where the walls DPM is in relation to the floor. Looks like new plaster where skirtings have been removed

It is new plaster, but still plastered to the floor.
And to b fair ajax if the dpm is below the floor, its wrong mate . Never bridge a damp course, i honestly thought it was a no no in plastering( unless upstairs) plastering to the floor, especially in a damp climate like ours !

A

Aston

good point dave!
at least they have carried the dpm to dpc level..i used to do loads of floor rip outs with quarry tiles and put down plastic membrane with the new screed on top and one of the big faults was when lads didnt cut into the mortar above the dpc level and tuck in the membrane and seal with a mastic. if you didnt do that they the damp would just come up the side and into the walls.

on another note, lee (protiler) has done a good job of the slc! shame some other tiler is going to to tile it.

P

Protilers

good point dave!
at least they have carried the dpm to dpc level..i used to do loads of floor rip outs with quarry tiles and put down plastic membrane with the new screed on top and one of the big faults was when lads didnt cut into the mortar above the dpc level and tuck in the membrane and seal with a mastic. if you didnt do that they the damp would just come up the side and into the walls.

on another note, lee (protiler) has done a good job of the slc! shame some other tiler is going to to tile it.

no one else will tile it ED.....I did a screeding job for a leading London wood flooring company, plus there is no plasterboard in this apartment....its a basement flat and all the walls are brick, render and plaster.......

all the best

Lee

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
And to b fair ajax if the dpm is below the floor, its wrong mate . Never bridge a damp course, i honestly thought it was a no no in plastering( unless upstairs) plastering to the floor, especially in a damp climate like ours !

I don't disagree ... Was just making a point. Only time I plaster to the floor is upstairs...even then I don't usually cos the skirtings cover the gap.

W

White Room

We used to plaster when a sand/cement screed was going to be laid and keep the gypsum plaster above where the level of the screed was going.

Any tanking/damp issues the render would be taken up a metre high from the floor with a intagral water proofer.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
We used to plaster when a sand/cement screed was going to be laid and keep the gypsum plaster above where the level of the screed was going.

Any tanking/damp issues the render would be taken up a metre high from the floor with a intagral water proofer.

aye i know,i was just saying like ;).
even damp courses(s&c with waterproofer or dry coat ect) need to be off the floor,with wood/concrete/screeded/asphalt ect the plaster should be off the floor.
unfortunately i have had the unplesent business of plastering many damp coarses,more so in the 80s,hate the god dam things,would rather grout 500m2 of floor tiles with black grout :)

Reply to Protilers - latex screeding a floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen