Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Productive Day Off in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

ianflem

Day off today :hurray: managed two outings in the country side !

This mornings outing produced IMAG1210.jpg

and this evenings outing produced these 4 20130615_124804.jpg biggest being 4lb 6oz
Good day had by all,Just cant make mind up on whats tomorrows T !!!

D

Dougs Third Go

a man after my own heart :),, wick with rabbits round here at the moment. I'm peed off I gave my ferrets away as only way to work them in hedgerows here is without nets and with a shotgun. Where did you get rainbows?

D

Dougs Third Go

now you see, I'm gonna have to post this

318701_2166205667764_1425886749_n.jpg

and this
[video=youtube;F6yO-zROQ1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6yO-zROQ1U[/video]

I

ianflem

Hi Doug,

Work the ferrets when I can..Have some good permission thats ok for netting,As for the hedgerows I prefer to
use the longnets & have an Excellent Whippet x Bedlington.1st class worker.

The trout were cought a at stillwater 30 mins from me which can often b quite good,Holds a good head of brownies too
however these must be returned,Only Rainbows can be killed.Its a small lochan called Glenbervie.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Those were the days, ate like kings lol everything from trout to salmon rabbit to venison and too many feathered friends, lol great days.

I

ianflem

Cracking Salmon Doug,Whered that one come from ? U aint too bad in rubber either lol :lol:

D

Dougs Third Go

you can't beat it, I respect that some people don't like hunting, their choice I suppose, but at least we know what we put on the table has had a life and not been stuck in a closed farmed environment.

I

ianflem

Yip some people just dont think where it comes from ! Whether in a restraunt or buying off shelf !
Seen rabbit in a supermarket on Wednesday that said on label farmed in China !!! Why would any
one want to eat that when we have field upon field of our own organic ??? The fact is
I always eat what I hunt,whether fishing,shooting or ferreting etc..But everyone to there own I
suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dougs Third Go

Cracking Salmon Doug,Whered that one come from ? U aint too bad in rubber either lol :lol:
16lb out of river mint, just outside kendal,,,about 50 yards from house where I grew up . Can't beat a bit of local knowledge :smilewinkgrin:

D

Dougs Third Go

it's not always lazy summer evenings out on river or in field though lol! This vid was my dogs first time on peg so I thought I'd get a vid to make sure she wasn't fretting that close to shotgun fire...didn't learn much as only one bird flew over us, and I missed it lol!
[video=youtube;ruUrEwSD3lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUrEwSD3lc[/video]

I

ianflem

Tried wild grey squirrel about three weeks ago in restraunt & would defo have it again !
Surprisingly enough it did taste nuttyish :lol:. Its a lean meat similar to rabbit. That ul
be another one for game shooting from now on.Dont knock it...Give it a go :thumbsup:

Reply to Productive Day Off in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks