Discuss Problems with multicolored grout (ardex eg8) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fraatti

Hi!

There isn't any tiling forum in Finland and I found this one. Maybe someone could give me some hints how to get rid of this problem.

I just grouted ~10m2 of floor which was tiled with 10x10 light gray porcellanato tiles. Problem is that colour of the grout is varying very much. Variating of the the colors appear like spots ~0,5m2 of different level of gray. It seems that there is three levels of grey that are easilly visible, Light grey, grey and darker grey. :mad2:

I used Ardex EG8 epoxycementgrout for grouting. EG8 has poor selection of different colors so I mixed my own. I used 2 part of grey and 1 part of silver grey. That was much better color that almost matched color of my tiles. I used scale to have exact amoung of different grouts. Dry parts of differents colors was premixed.

First I applied grout. I the middle of grouting I sprayed water to finished areas so that grout would be easier to clean. I washed most of the unnecessary grout off with water and sponge. Sponge was quite wet. After that I cleaned area littlebit better with sponge. Next day I washed all remaining unnessesary grout off. I used same method succesfully to floor tiled with mosaics. Color was anthracite.

Any suggestions what to do next to get even colors?

F

fraatti

Here is one picture about the situation. Sorry for picture quality. I haven't installed most below row of 30*60cm wall tiles until I will find solution for this.

oA25LLSl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Whatever you do/did its too late now!Sounds as though you either didn't mix your mix of colours successfully or you've overwet the epoxy grout .It'll be no good suggesting anything now.Sorry but look on the bright side - I've replied to your thread ! Good luck and enjoy this Tilers Forum.

S

Spud

aqua mix do an epoxy based paint which you can apply over the top of existing grouts its a good product and may get you out of trouble in this situation

Reply to Problems with multicolored grout (ardex eg8) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay