Search the forum,

Discuss problem with new plaster in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Why did you tile on to paint?

Also, you say 2 skim coat. You’re talking about a standard skim up in two stages with no Bonding or Hardwall involved?

paddy

TF
Reaction score
I tiled on to a painted wall because the div of a decorated painted it but my main concern is wet plaster and yes standard 2 coat skim onto boards

Reaction score
I tell my customers not to bother plastering walls where there will be a fully tiled wall.
It is recommended that you wire brush new plaster .
It is common practice to score the walls in a diamond pattern with a craft knife on plaster or if the walls are old use an axe (dear Henry)

Reply to problem with new plaster in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen