Search the forum,

Discuss porcelaine floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi again all I Have my first Porcelaine floor to do, I have done a small downstairs toilet wall before with porcelain tile but never a large one like this, the tiles will be going onto concrete floor any advice on primers and best cutters would be of great help. Thanks in advance for viewing and help. Cheers

G

GazTech

An acrylic type primer will be fine onto concrete surface, and depending on thickness of porce, most snap cutters like Rubi etc will do the job. Revert to wet saw if the tile is particulary tough and is snapping away from scribe line. Be sure your adhesive has porcelbond technology within or flexible property, and the grout also should be polymer modified.....Gaz

G

Gazzer

Bal single part Flexible adhesive is what i would use. No need to prime but some fixers do. I would in this instance...belt and braces :thumbsup:

When you say Concrete floor, is this a smooth floor or would it need levelling.

When some fixers (especially new fixers) hear the words Porcelain they tend to think of nightmare cutting. Its not always the case as Porcelain comes in different grades. Without trying to cut the tile you wont know how well it will cut. On the whole the most of the time i use Porcelain i have no problems. I use a Sigma cutter which allows me to snap the tile anywhere along the score line, i find that is the secret to a higher percentage of clean breaks. If needed i can use my Rubi DW250n for the wet cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Adhesive wise i mostly use Mapei Mapeker for porcelain on screed floors.
my sigma cuts porc no prob,check out the new Rubi cutter TI-66,good review on here yesterday,
Joe.

D

Deleted member 1779

Dont forget your diamond porcelain tile cutters for the holes!

dp1b.jpg

M

MICK the Tiler

As others have said make sure you floor is flat and fill any hollows and grind any humps. I use a primer but you could just as easy sweep and sponge down the floor to get rid of any excess dust. I use ardex sts8 for porcelain as i find it's anti slumping properties useful. I too cut with a sigma Rarely wet cut porcelain these days. And I also use a flexable grout.

Reply to porcelaine floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen