Search the forum,

Discuss Polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brindle

Hi chaps/esses,
Am pricing a job, 36 m2 (very plush new!) kitchen floor + dining floor (concrete substrate) - self levelling between the 2 floors. Tiles are 60x 60. To be honest I haven't had much call for PP at all, all I know is that the last one I did I felt I'd underpriced by the time I'd cleaned the wax off, sealed, grouted, sealed, cleaned.
Whats the avg m2 for PP?
In comparison to natural stone I'm around £25 - £30 m2 depending on scenario.

Appreciate your help and figures : )

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would normally charge around £35/m2 as I do for some natural stones, as you still need to make as many return visits to complete all the processes, if it's a type that needs sealing(not all do). Some are pre-sealed, so I usually take that into account as well and price accordingly.:thumbsup:

B

Brindle

Cheers Ken, as you say many visits etc = lots of time and diesel. I will check with the manufacturers of chosen tiles to check and take that into account. £35 sounds good though :hurray:

H

hillhead

£35 i'd kill for,no way over here!
I get around £15 m2 for pp. and i do it damn well too.Have about 150m2 of it over next few weeks i think.

B

Brindle

A builder might look at paying £15 which frankly he can keep (unless quiet of course!), but not customers direct no?

H

hillhead

Don't i know it Doug !!
i'll have my van in Liverpool in a few weeks time i might stand on Eds toes:smilewinkgrin:
Don't think i'll have the tools in,lol

H

hillhead

No Ken,average rates over here are £12yd2 and marble around £16-18 yd2 ! Polished porcelain around £12 to £15 yd2 and thats all private !!!
although i got £18 yd2 last week for 70 yd2,crap rates:thumbsdown:

D

diamondtiling

:yikes:Would that be for building sites eg Wimpey, Bovis etc. then?

never work for McAlpines fusiliers . :ban::ban:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMvv3LL94GM&feature=related"]YouTube - Dubliners - McAlpine's Fusiliers *HIGH QUALITY*[/ame]

great song.

Reply to Polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen