Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Please help, cloakroom with mosaic and marble effect - where to start in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

scottyboy05

Hi there, apologies if this question seems stupid.

I am tiling a small cloakroom and have a vanity unit/bowl at the right hand side of the main wall.

above the vanity unit will be mosaic tiles the width of the vanity right up to the ceiling and the rest of the cloakroom will be a marble effect tile.

I have read about starting tiling from the middle of the main wall but if i do that due to the size of the tiles there will be a skinny cut of tile either side of the mosaic strip and this section is the first thing you see when you walk through the door.

should i start with the mosaic section so that there is at least one full tile at one side of it? or start in the middle leaving these small cut bits either side of the mosaic?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

T

Time's Ran Out

Re: Please help, cloakroom with mosaic and marble effect - where to st

Aesthetically the basin and mosaic are the feature area. Determine the width of the mosaic strip and start a full tile either side from it. You could also use a chrome tile trim/decor strip between the 2 tile types and you may have to build the mosaic strip out to fill the difference in thickness .
:welcome:

S

scottyboy05

Re: Please help, cloakroom with mosaic and marble effect - where to st

Thanks very much, cloakroom.jpg

I've attached a pic above as the vanity will be where the sink is at the moment very close to where it joins the side wall, so would i just go for a full tile to the left side of mosaic strip (which will roughly be where old tiles are just now) and put the smaller cut tile in at the other side where it turns the corner.

Thanks again.

Reply to Please help, cloakroom with mosaic and marble effect - where to start in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks