Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Please can someone recommend a good grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Crumbs

Hi guys, need to source a alternative grout. I've used mapei ultracolour and not gone on with it. Not white enough imo against white tiles. Anyway i think after all i am going to remove the grout and regrout it. The joints are mostly 3mm, some 4mm and maybe the odd small area off 5mm (walls really out)

Needs to be mould resistant and brillant white. The wall behind the tiles is all tanked, so not sure if it needs to adhere to this ok. What do you guys use? Thanks :D

T

Tile Shop

Haven't you asked this already????

My two pennies worth, BAL MicroMax 2 Snow, or BAL Microflex Wall White. because other than the Mapei UCP this is all I have used.

However..... you will not completely eliminate mould growth. Yes they contain Microban, which will prevent it growing inside the grout, but it won't stop mould growing on top. The Microban means you have a 50/50 chance to scrub it off when the time comes which you wouldn't normally be able to do with standard water resistant grout.. In the meantime, you will still need a general cleaning regime to keep it in top condition.

Also from when you asked this before, I think @man of kent 's idea of Ardex FS Brilliant white and sealer will work as good, if not better than the above. And probably brighter white too. It has a built in repellent so less water will penetrate the grout and stop mould growing in it, and the sealer is belts and braces to help keep the bugs out.

Still needs to be kept clean though. The grout won't automatically do it for you. The amount of customers we've had regrouting after 6 months because they thought Microban would even protect them from nuclear blasts and it wasn't what they expected. Doesn't matter how good a grout is, if you don't look after it, it'll look like a turd before you know it.

C

Crumbs

Yep I have asked it before but figured I might get more attention here from some professionals, if I could closed it, I would off or moved it, but I cant :(

The ardex FS has no mould resistance and goes up to 4mm which I guess means its unsanded? most the joints are 3mm, some 4mm and the odd 5mm so I am a bit reluctant if its suitable for me.

The bal products look good :) I will check them out, thanks a lot bud

C

Crumbs

Hi Paul, where do you source the Bal MicroMax 2 snow from? i cant seem to source a supplier of it that shade. Unless the 'white' is the snow? By the sounds of it though the snow is a new shade and white was already out :mad: thanks

Reaction score
Hi crumbs

Yes, snow is the new shade of MM2. It is a bright, brilliant white as opposed to 'white' which isn't. You should find that anywhere that stocks MM2 will have it, even if it's not yet on their webpage etc. I get mine from HTW but topps would be a good bet?

Good luck

C

Crumbs

thanks Charlies but topps is just white, infact anywhere i look is white. Topps didnt know and said they would contact Bal?

I've gone with tilemaster grout3000, hopefully a better white than Mapei, Bal isnt cheap! thanks man

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As an everyday cement based gray floor grout give webber
wide joint silver grey a try.

Reply to Please can someone recommend a good grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks