Search the forum,

Discuss opus pattern problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

As long as the floor is flat it will be fine , it does not have to bubble level if the floor is out that much , just get it flat to eliminate lippage as you say. when cross bonding.

N

nosamekul

cant level floor at all as there is no height to play with hence shallow screed as some one messed up level/heights i think not even enough for an uncoupoling membrane of any sort literally mms to play with

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Minimum depths for sand cement screed floating on any tye of insulation in domestic settings is 65mm. Minimum 75mm for commercial. It should also be reinforced with either d49 steel mesh or polypropylene fibres. There is no recommendation for maximum depth but this will be governed by available height, cost and drying time. As it is very difficult to get sand cement under the pipes with UFH the minimum depth should be measured from the of of the pipe so most heated sand cement screeds will be 75mm to 80mm.

If it is a Gypsol screed you only need 25mm cover to the top of the pipes so the screed will be much thinner. and a Gyvlon screed will need at least 30mm cover to pipes. Typically anhydrite will be 45 to 55mm deep with UFH. No reinforcement is needed for anhydrite screeds either.

N

nosamekul

So in all likelyhood a s/c screed will crack up but a gypsol screed will be ok with said thickness any differantway i should approach tiling a gypsol screed appose to a stabndard s/c thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So in all likelyhood a s/c screed will crack up but a gypsol screed will be ok with said thickness any differantway i should approach tiling a gypsol screed appose to a stabndard s/c thanks

Gypsol is an anhydrite based screed so you need to deal with it as such. Sand it and vac it. Check its dry. Make sure heating is properly comissioned and run then tile using ideally a gypsum based adhesive such as gypfix from nicobond or alternatively a gypsum compatible one like h40 ideal from kerakoll

Reply to opus pattern problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen