Search the forum,

Discuss opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bearwithme

evening guys, could i pick your brains. my mate went to look at a job for us (tiling for me and carpentry for him.) and qouted without talking to me. as soon as i saw the qoute i thought oh oh. now it looks like we're not going to get full day rate each. no problems and we're just going to divide the money up into equal days and divide acordingly. his first tiling qoute and i thought fair as he got job, learning curve and he's a good bloke. however there is a little man in the back of my head wondering if im a little slow? the job is a bathroom and cloakroom. both upstairs. remove both toilets and sinks, knock off all old tiles and make good. pull out and tile behind shower, tile behind radiators. 2 windows in bathroom and 1 in cloakroom .tile total area of 22 m2 using 20x20 ceramic up to 2m height with a glass tile border all around 3x3 squares. refit all sanitary ware and 1 wall cupboard and 2 supports for getting in and out of bath. retired couple. wondering how many days you'd allow yourselves?? cheers David. :thumbsup:

C

charlie1

There is probably 60+hrs work here for 1 tiler but as there are 2 of you, i would recon just short of a week to get all this done. Give it a week mate and dont rush:thumbsup:

B

bearwithme

thanks charlie, started to doubt myself, never worked with another tiler so nothing to gauge against other than forum members input.. took me 6 days on my own (worked my *** off). now done had a chat with my mate to get to the bottom of where he got the figures from. admitted "just sort of plucked em out of the air"!!! have agreed he wont qoute these jobs without me in future! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Hi david .. it is best to qoute together till both of you know how long it takes the pair of you's to do jobs....i know each job has its probs but you will get the hang of estimating times ........

good luck with any future jobs.......

B

brian c

i dont normally do a job without seeing it first unless its another tiler or a builder who i can trust.

Reply to opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen