Search the forum,

Discuss opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all,i have reluctantly walked off a job today halfway through it,after being told by the customer i was a chancing b*****d!!!! heres the story.17 sq metre showerroom to be ripped out,,5 sq metre bathroom floor to be lifted plus plyed,,12 sq metre kitchen floor to be lifted and re pled also..showerroom then to be tanked once walls were made sound by someone else and all rooms to be tiled with 300 by 300 ceramics. i priced the job at 900 which to be honest i think is disgracefully cheap so he was getting a huge deal anyway. now this is what really happened when i got there,,showeroom was left in a living state so i had to dismantle the entire shower unit,,disconnect and unwire the shower and also remove all the customers toiletries which were left in the room,,no labourere was supplied as stated to remove all tiles down the 4 flights of stairs so i done it.note was left for day number 2 so he could remove the wash machine and fridges etc for me lifting his kit floor..got to the job this wasnt done so i done it.all tiles were to be supplied on the job but none there so i went and got them from the shop. when i picked them up i had a surprise,,porcelain for the kitchen,,quartz for the bathroom and 1 metre ceramic tiles for the showerroom,,so i had to add money on for the different tiles plus i had to re plaster the walls and put boarding up on the chipboard boxing in the showerroom ,,plus was told i wasnt allowed to cut any tiles in the property had to be down the stairs for all so i added this time consuming in the job re pricing it at 1450,,i personally dont feel this is expensive for what i was doing anyway but the customer went daft,resulting in him offering me 50 quid to lay his quartz and porcelain extra or hed do it his f*****g self.so ive left the jon mightily ****ed off:furious3::furious3::furious3:

B

basshunter

well sounds like injustice to me kilty-ring him up and explain you lost it because of work pressure,family etc etc ,then lay down everything that is concerning you and tell him what you want.If he is not reasonable then tell him you want a day rate for what youve done...

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i didnt lose it due to these issues though and certainly wont be apologising to that er** for not continuing the job,,i will take your advice on the money side as the showerroom is 90 percent redone and shall be asking for moneys concerned for work done on it,,cheers m8

Reaction score
Me thinks someone is just taking the p*ss...if any apologies are owed I think they are from him.

R

Raja

Me thinks you did right

Customer is in wrong

Would of told him to lay em him sen the daft bleep bleep bleep

W

wivers

You should have stuck the tiles from off the wall up his a**e than ramed his quartz down his throat!!

I hate these bloody mugs that think they can get something for nowt....they only get brave on the assumption that you need the job that much that they can say or do what they want.

Seriously mate go get your money for the work you've done, and if he tries to nock it then nock him...right through his showerroom f****n wall!!!

T

Turkish

You should have stuck the tiles from off the wall up his a**e than ramed his quartz down his throat!!

I hate these bloody mugs that think they can get something for nowt....they only get brave on the assumption that you need the job that much that they can say or do what they want.

Seriously mate go get your money for the work you've done, and if he tries to nock it then nock him...right through his showerroom f****n wall!!!

The spoken word is definately your tool Wivers!!!:lol:

Turkish

Reply to opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen