Search the forum,

Discuss Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have a couple of local tile shops but they don't sell mapei etc.

I get confused very easily with acrylic primers/ SBR/ diff adhesives etc

Local shops sell Larson and Dunlop adhesives and arc highbuild self level

Reaction score
image.jpg

Reaction score
I got this at the weekend from the local shop to build up a floor where the fireplace hearth was removed and the floor was low.

This was a mix with water only, the floor was going to be laminated flooring so wasn't as worried tbh

Would it be suitable for the porch before tiling?

T

Time's Ran Out

If the floor was good enough for vinyl why are you thinking of a self levelling compound?

Reaction score
Too try and kill the vinyl adhesive that I can't remove easily. From past experience I had a nitemare with it and was hoping self level would be an easy solution to that

L

LM

Too try and kill the vinyl adhesive that I can't remove easily. From past experience I had a nitemare with it and was hoping self level would be an easy solution to that
Any TWO part leveller will do the job so long as you don't exceed the recommend depth

Reaction score
OK so removed as much glue as poss, SBR n self level with local suppliers two part lebveller.

Then SBR again?

Do I need a flexible adhesive ?

L

LM

You shouldn't need to prime again and for all the difference in cost for the size of this job you'd be better to get flexible adhesive

E

ExplodingPudding

If the floor was good enough for vinyl why are you thinking of a self levelling compound?

Vinyl adhesive can cause problems for the tile adhesives that I sell personally so can't comment as to the OP's choice. But from hearsay, vinyl can be a nightmare once it's removed. If you ever get the chance, ring BAL or Maipei and they can explain all the in's and out's a lot better.

Reply to Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen